Our milk is processed and sold directly to our customers. As a result we can keep the prices down and make organic dairy products more accessible for everyone. Our community will have back a small dairy processor creating jobs and helping the local economy.
On an organic farm our animals must go outside to exercise and socialize everyday weather permitting. We compost their manure and work it into the soil immediately after application which minimizes smell and pathogens. We use homeopathy to treat our animals for illness, although it is seldom necessary. We think this is because they are eating healthier organic plants and are in an environment that is free from stress as much as possible. As a result, they produce healthier milk.
We are very careful when we take our beef and chicken to the abbatoir. We make sure it is done as humanely as possible. We take this very seriously and we are thankful for the food.
We offer many local and organic whole foods all of which are available in our farm store and through our home delivery service.
We are also pleased to offer organic, local, and whole foods from our friends and neighbours:
- Biemond Certified Organic Grassfed Yogurt- Iroquois
- Black River Cheese- Black River
- Bread and Butter Bakery- Kingston
- Bush Garden Farms – Nigel Smith – raw milk artisan cheese
- Dream Come True Kitchen- Kingston
- Field Gate Organics- Farmer Co-op
- Garlic Fields Fresh Frozen gourmet pizza- Inverary
- Glengarry Cheese, Lancaster – Margret Morris – Award Winning artisan cheese
- Gorr’s Maple Syrup of Harrowsmith
- Gunn’s Hill Artisan Cheese- Shep Ysselstein
- Kawartha Dairy Ice Cream
- Liberte Organic Dairy Products
- Multatuli Coffee of Kingston
- Organic Meadow Farmer Co-op – Dairy Products
- Pasta Tavola – Fresh, Local, Handmade Pasta & Sauces, Belleville
- Reinink Family Farms, Camden East -Organic Eggs
- Slickers Ice Cream, Picton – Hand made and hand dipped real ice cream
- Toba Apiary, Sydenham – Tom Kaemmer – Honey – some of which is from 25 hives on our farm
- Wilton Cheese- Wilton
- Yorkshire Valley Certified Organic Poultry- Farmer Co-op
Seasonal Vegetables from
- Freedom Farm, Battersea – Will and Sharon Freeman
- Garlic Fields, Inverary- Bernie & Joanie Karshau
- Mile Square Farm, Collin’s Bay- Stan Knap
- Patchwork Gardens, Battersea- Julie & Eric Williams, Ian Stutt & Megan Joslin
- Possom Trot Farm, Harrowsmith – Chris Grooms and Susie Rance